Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Goodness

The tree has been up with lights sans ornaments for 10 days. It's totally unlike me to do this. I am the person that thinks about decorating for Christmas ALL YEAR LONG. sigh....

So to put me in the spirit and get me motivated to finish my tree and alcoves I had to make a little Peppermint Mocha
delish peppermint mocha
Recipe:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (i made it twice and used 1/2 the second time)
3 tablespoons powdered cocoa
3 tablespoons warm water
1/2 cup hot espresso
1 1/2 cups hot milk
Stir the water and sugar in a saucepan until sugar dissolves and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and add peppermint extract. Allow mixture to simmer for 20 minutes.
Mix cocoa and water in a mag until paste forms. Add espresso and 1 1/2 teaspoon of the peppermint syrup. Finally, add the milk and serve hot.


After two of those babies I could have repainted the whole house. :)

the tree finished

1 comment:

Splendorfalls said...

Lets drink some and repaint my kitchen! Kidding...sorta. ;) Your tree, as always, is beautiful!