Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Method to the Madness

For those of you that know me in real life know that I have about 50 projects going at once; sewing, remodeling, scrapbooking, redecorating, painting, organizing, crafting, etc.

There is some method to my madness... honestly.  See, I always have a big project going on - like remodeling our home (currently the basement). It's something that's ongoing (hopefully not forever) and constant to work on.

Then I have the smaller projects that I can start up and put down that take time and chipping away at, but don't consume like sewing curtains, making a shower curtain, reupholstering chairs, or painting a night stand.


Lastly, I have the quickie projects like making the drum lampshades, adding ruffles to a t-shirt, stenciling the built-ins, making felt flower pins, etc. These can easily be completed in a few hours - the nice Instant Gratification Projects. :)


The problem with all this juggling is that I tend to drop a few things here and there
OR
I get sidetracked from the big longterm project and caught up in the little ones.

Like for instance.....
I am ready to start thinking about remodeling the second floor. Remodeling the second floor you say????
I want either painted planked floors in a herringbone pattern or solid floors painted with a cool stencil.

Via Mary McDonald

probably white with soft grey design
via Pretty. Little. World.
It's marble tile, but you get the idea. 

Since my mind is always wandering I made the mistake of "discussing" it with Andy and he looked at me like I had 3 heads.

yeah, but 3 heads that are always thinking of new projects. ;)

1 comment:

Splendorfalls said...

Oh my gosh, those floors are so pretty! I personally love the fact that these things are on your mind. It means I can just steal ideas from you and thusly free up some of my thinkin' time. =) He he.