Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Banner

So Halloween came and went and I didn't even get a chance to decorate. It's not my favorite holiday (not even top 5), but it is fun to get the black birds, spiders, and moss out once a year.

For 2 weeks leading up to the big event I was painting the living room and making the drum shades. Decor was the least of my worries.



Before guests arrived to trick or treat on Sunday I had a chance to whip up this little banner.  I lucked out and found a dictionary at the library for sale for a whopping..... $0.25.  I layered the 8.5"x 5.5" sheets of cardstock with the pages from the dictionary, cut out circles, trimmed with starbucks cup cozies, and topped with printed out letters in the Rosewood font. ta-da. Strung it together with a strip of muslin that I tore for effect. ;)

Don't forget to get out and VOTE today!!

5 comments:

Amy J said...

Just found your blog tonight... what fun! Love it all :)

SplendorFalls said...

Really cute banner! Now I know why you've been hitting the coffee! ;) Just kiddin!

Katrina said...

That is such a great banner idea! And the living room is looking spectacular!

ella@lifeologia said...

This looks beautiful!
Love that banner - so elegant.

{beth} said...

Holly says you are your mother's daughter. I think it's amazing what you can get done once the kids go back to school! Love, love, love it!