Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Madison County Fair



The county fair rolls into town every year during the third week of July. We found this out the hard way when we moved to Highland during fair week. It wouldn't be a big deal but we are about 1/2 a mile from the fair grounds. Who knew?!!
For the past 2 years we have walked down to the fair to look at the animals and play on the tractors. I'm not brave enough yet to go the Combine Derby or ride the MegaDrop. Baby steps.

There were some adorable rabbits in the fair. I personally loved the ones that looked like the Velveteen Rabbit.


Ahhh....the pigs. There is a unique smell that comes with the pigs. One that I don't care to experience again. Ella was fascinated with them.... and at the same time terrified.
Maybe next year I'll have to make some cookies or sew a quilt. I do love how it embraces homemade goodness!

4 comments:

SplendorFalls said...

Is is wrong that I live in this county and didn't really even know about this? I can enter a pie or a quilt? We'll heck! =)

Next year call me and we can sweat our @$$es off together.

Tasha Roe said...

Yep! you can enter a pie, a quilt, cookies, etc
I just want the ribbon. :D
We should go together next year. It was insanely hot. Nothing better than coming home smelling like livestock.

Katrina said...

Mmmm, livestock. Love the photos! Looks like you guys had fun. And I'll say it again, Ella is a mini Micah! I miss them so much! Love you all!

Kelli said...

Actually, $$ comes with the ribbon too, Tasha!! You could enter one of your purses! The county fair is the BEST. Every year I say I'm going to get myself together to enter stuff... glad I'm not alone. "Maybe next year" is my new motto.

I probably should not reveal this about myself, but I showed "swine" (pigs) in 4-H for 10 years. Tell Ella I'll teach her everything I know if she can talk you guys into putting a pen in the backyard when she turns 8. :-)