Saturday, August 14, 2010

An Inspired Baby Shower

I recently discovered Ashley Ann's blog  {see a few posts below} and she has inspired me to create so much fun stuff! One of them includes a baby shower for a dear friend, Tracy.   Up until a week ago then I had all the aqua, yellow, and white decorations ready - just needed to know if I could add pink or green. She found out that she is having a girl! yeah! PINK!

In the caption is a link to where the idea came from. I may have tweaked it a bit or used supplies I had on hand instead of buying some, but the ideas are the same. {I wish I could take credit for all of them!}
The Hairpin Vase. {found here}



Chicken Wire Frame & Fancy Clothespins {found here and here}
Chicken Wire Frame & Party Bunting {Found here and here}

























Branch Blossoms {found here}
Fun font and oversized safety pins
More pictures of the hair pin vases
Sweet treats from the Cupcakery in Edwardsville

Tissue Poms {found here}
The Mantle from the opposite wall




Talk about a blast and so much fun to decorate! It is so relaxing to create and make fun stuff. 
The hair pin vases found new homes as well as the tissue poms.  And the chicken wire frames will be traveling to Chicago for Renegade in a month or so. Can't wait for the next party! Might just throw a "happy monday" party just so I can decorate. :)

14 comments:

SplendorFalls said...

Freaking amazing! You did an awesome job Tasha; beautiful!!!

Jennifer said...

so pretty

Katrina said...

Love, love, love! The color scheme might be one of my favs! And the built-INS look stunning. SO very well done!

DHB said...

Stunning! Nice work. I'm sure Tracy was thrilled.

Amy J said...

Absolutely beautiful! Makes me want to plan a shower... :)

Michelle said...

SO SO gorgeous! I would LOVE a shower like this, your friend is a very lucky girl.

Just beautiful.

meg duerksen said...

SO CUTE!!
makes me wish i was having a baby....or a party. :)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

wow - I am impressed! adorable

Courtney Walsh said...

I am wanting to make one of those message boards! Saw one at the street market this weekend and thought it was just adorable! :) This is sooo cute...I love it! :)

My Owl Barn said...

What a beautiful shower! I love the color palette!

AshleyAnn said...

How did I miss this? Or did I see it and forget? Who knows! Beautiful shower and I am blown away that you were inspired by all that!!

giozi said...

All is really beauty !!!

via Under the sycamore ;)

Mirys + Guigo + Nina said...

Hi! I´m a reader from Under the Sycamore and I decided to check your blog because Ashley mentioned it.

Congrats! YOu have a fun blog and you create a beautiful baby shower!!!

I wish I was so inspired as you, girls...

Kisses from Brazil.

Mirys - www.diariodos3mosqueteiros.blogspot.com

35 years old, mother of the other two musketeers - Guilherme (William) and Helena (Helen), photografer (just for family and friends), hard working, passionated for kids, decor, dys, christmas...

Miss G said...

I came over from Ashley's blog. This is beautifully done! Neat to see your versions. Kelly