Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chalkboard paint - oooo lala!!!

I have a thing for chalkboards. Green ones, black ones, big ones, small ones, ones in frames, or on pots...... i love them ALL!

This is what our current chalkboard looks like in the kitchen.

Every month when I update the calendar I have to touch up the grid. Even though it sounds like a ball of fun it isn't. Especially for the person that constantly walks by it and tries to erase and redraw the lines ALL MONTH LONG!

You can only imagine my excitement when I found this one today on Young House Love. swoon!!

and then found this over at Martha Stewart
its the mother of all chalkboards! I know what I am doing thursday night!!

7 comments:

Charisa said...

I love the idea of this, but I cannot stand the feeling of chalk on my fingers and the sound of fingernails on it is my number 1 hated sound! I'd have to go with a white board or a big, framed cork board!

I can see where this will totally help you out though! Have fun painting! Post after pics!

Tasha Roe said...

Have you ever used the chalk pens? starbucks always uses them on their boards. they GLIDE across the boards. have you seen the paint that makes the dry erase boards?

Charisa said...

They could float across the chalk board, but I can't do it! I have a serious issue with chalk. No, I didn't know that there was white board paint. I'll have to keep that in mind! Sounds fun!

HMW said...

they have liquid chalk at lowe's. i just saw at the one in terre haute this past weekend. will you come update the one in my office. it's stuck on december from 2 1/2 years ago.

Tasha Roe said...

what were you doing at lowe's in terra haute?
i thought i was bad about updating stuff - you are miss organized, too!! jump on it!

Courtney Walsh said...

oooh, really? I want to know more about this. Chalk has always kind of weirded me out. lol I'm more of a dry erase person, but lately my two year old has been getting into my stash of sharpies and drawing all over my dry erase board. I have no idea where he keeps finding sharpies either!!

Chalk boards are way cuter than dry erase boards though!

SplendorFalls said...

I was at little cupcake/bakery over by work on Tuesday and saw that they were using artist soft pastels on their chalkboards. The colors were WAY more vibrant. Not sure how easy it would be to clean, but it looked really good. I'll have to try this on my little chalkboard at home.