Monday, February 22, 2010

love....



I know we are past Valentine's Day, but I thought this was still appropriate.....and hey! it's my blog. :)
At church on Sunday we read the scripture from 1 John 4:11 -
"Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."
It doesn't get more basic than that.
Since Sunday its has really stuck with me. Resinated in little things all day long; comforting friends, playing with little ones, saying good night prayers, etc.
I've never been one to stand from the mountain tops with a Bible quoting scripture all day long. Mostly, because I feel totally inadequate. I mean seriously, I am not perfect, I have a slip of the tongue, I get caught up in gossip at times, I don't always want to love my neighbor, I don't even feel like going to church all the time. If i was "selling" Jesus I wouldn't buy "it" from me. Maybe, that just makes it more real.
What it boils down to is that even if I'm not faithful God is and he loves us.

(image curtsey of EdgeDonkey - flickr)

2 comments:

Courtney Walsh said...

I so love your honesty...so many of us Christians feel the need to pretend that we've got it all figured out. I love when I find other friends who are willing to say "Yep. I screw up. God still loves me." I'd buy what you're selling any day!

And I love that picture! :)

Jennifer said...

love the picture and the bible quote.