Sunday, July 19, 2009

Strange Folk Festival & Zucchini Goodness

Its that time of the year again. Time to get amped up for Strange Folk Festival!!! The past two years have been jurried entries and I have been lucky enough to have been chosen. Even though its not until September I need to get crackin' now on my purses and other hand-sewn goodies to sell. I am trying my best to have my booth set up next to Petunia's. If you haven't seen this store in Clayton it is a must to check out!! And of course Ella's pictures is on the wall in the store. :D
The first zucchini recipe that i tried was the Blueberry Zucchini Bread. This is another 4 star winner!! Andy liked it and he doesn't even care for blueberries.

I changed the recipe (to make it a little more healthy) by reducing the sugar and oil and adding applesauce.
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
1/2 cup applesauce
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups white sugar
2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 pint fresh blueberries

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans or 2 large pans
In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared mini-loaf pans or regular pans.
Bake 50 minutes for mini pans and 65 minutes for regular pans in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.

Since I have no pictures of the bread (because its already gone) or Strange Folk I'll leave you with this - My little Yadi. :)

5 comments:

SplendorFalls said...

What was the batter like? I tried a new zucchini bread recipe from allrecipe.com and the batter was crazy thick/heavy. The bread turned out okay, but wasn't as light as I'd like. I think I'll give this one a try!! I'm making the lasagna this week!! Can't wait.

Keep the recipe's coming!!

Tasha Roe said...

It seems to be a heavier/dense bread - like a pumpkin bread. I am wondering if you increase the baking soda, salt & baking powder if it will make it lighter since those are leveling ingredients. hummmm.... might be worth googling.

tell me how your lasagna turns out!! Ours is already gone.

beth said...

i have a tent you can use. it's 10x10. i also have a folding table...one of the plastic light weight ones.

Tasha Roe said...

I'll swap you a tent and table for the weekend for a cute green porch swing. ;)

steph said...

sounds yummy!

AND-
great pic..!