Sunday, April 19, 2009

ahhhhh... the smell of progress.

As many of you know we bought this 90 year old house a few years ago and have slowly remodeled the first floor. It has been a lot more work than we anticipated, but very gratifying at the same time.

Our most recent project is the first floor bathroom. I have been working on the tile here and there for over a week now and am so close to finishing up.




After we finish the tile on the tub surround the floors will go in next followed by the beadboard wainscoating. Its all starting to fall in place but it sure does take time. lots of time. I don't think we will ever take on a house like this unless A. we can afford to live in an apartment or house while we work on it and B. or just pay someone else to do it. Personally, I am all for option B.
This are just for grins:
Who doesn't love some baby bed head?

My little rockers. Now Isaac wants to take drum lessons. He informed me that "there is a really cool drummer with only one arm that rocks!" :)

3 comments:

SplendorFalls said...

Love that tile! Do you contract out?

Green Haus Love said...

Ella looks SO much like your baby pictures here it is eerie!!! I had to do a triple take, I really thought it was you!!! WOW!

thekingdons said...

She does look so much like your baby photos! It had been so long since I'd seen her, or a photo that when we showed up to the party, the first thing I thought when I saw her was, "aw she invited other babes!" because I didn't even recognize her for a second!
You should let Cory give Isaac lessons! Well, if we move to Edwardsville, I guess.