Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Is it Wednesday Already?!

I'm going to be playing a bit of catch up in this post. In the past few days we put the Christmas tree up, been entertained by 200 1st graders, mailed off my 12 Day of Christmas gifts, started decorating the house, opened day 8, 9 & 10 of the Advent calendar, AND cut Mr. Bill's hair.

Every year as soon as the Thanksgiving dinner has settled I look forward to getting all of my Christmas decorations out. If it were up to me I would leave them up all year... maybe just another month or two.


Of all my decorations the antique flocked tree and my snowman village are my favorites - probably more sentimental than anything.


Over the past 5 or so years I have really grown to love Nutcracker dolls.


Besides my tree and the snowman village I really like the antique and vintage ornaments that have been given to me from my grandmother and my husband's grandmother. Again, sentimental items.




Back in August some friends and I started planning a little thing we like to call Midwest 12 Days of Christmas. With the group of participants doubling over the past year two teams were formed of crafters to create gifts to shared and opened the 12 days leading up to Christmas. My goodies were mailed out a few days ago and should be arriving shortly. The anticipation is building!! Check out the daily updates here to see what was made and exchanged in both groups.


(bad lighting. sorry!)

Isaac had his 1st grade Christmas program Monday night. We literally sat in our seats waiting for the production to begin longer than the classes sang. oh well. At least we had good seats.

Here is Mr. Isaac singing "O' Christmas Tree"


He is such a handsome dude!



The Advent calendar is progressing very nicely. Although, I do think that Holly either now hates me or is buying stock in some new dental company. On day #8 the boys received candy necklaces. Day 9 Crybaby bubble gum. Day 10 Airheads. See what I am saying. I cant wait for her to have kids. Payback, sister!


And here are a few just for grins. :)




(I need to post some pictures of Micah so that he doesn't develop a complex!)

4 comments:

maggieandpaul said...

Oh look how big the little gal is getting! That 2nd picture is all Andy. And Mr. Isaac in his glasses. So cute! Makes me jealous, I don't have our tree up yet. I'll probably get it up the day before we leave for St. Louis. Duh. Although, I too, am one who likes to leave it up for a while. Valentine's Day is my deadline.

SplendorFalls said...

The tree looks lovely, I want to see a full size picture! I pre-wrote some blog posts last night and they echo your sentimental sentiment (er?) - love the old crap...bring it on!

claire said...

when did isaac get glasses. so grown up!!
ella's facial expressions crack me up!!
keep it coming girl, your blog looks better than ours.

Jennifer Paganelli said...

love that face!!